[Intel-gfx] Question on full HD support.

The Fungi fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu May 14 21:41:19 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 08:10:41PM +0200, Christiaan van Dijk wrote:
[...]
> There are also boards supporting HDMI output. Does the Linux driver
> support HDMI?? And what about audio over the HDMI interface??
[...]

I know I'm not the only one on this list using the HDMI out on an
ASUS P5E-VM HDMI board (however, that's G35-based, not G45). I've
only used it for 720p since my HDTV doesn't support 1080p, so I
can't really address your performance concerns (hopefully others
can). I understand that support for encoding digital audio over HDMI
is also working in recent versions of the driver, but I'm unable to
test that myself (I'm stuck using coaxial audio with my current
surround receiver). Hope this helps!
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi at yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi at irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);