[Intel-gfx] [Mesa3d-dev] i965 OpenGL is heavily broken again

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 22:18:07 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 12:55 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 22:42:21 +0200
> Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > After quite long period of inactivity, I updated graphical stack on my
> > desktop/server.
> >
> > To say the truth, I did such update about month ago, but found out that
> > X refuses flatly to use DRI modules. I assumed that it was my mistake in
> > compilation process (although it is automated).
>
> That generally indicates a build or config problem of some kind.  Did
> you ever narrow it down?
Because the same compile process works now, I suspect that wasn't build
failure.

I now compiled same stack, but reverted mesa to

commit 465fee75ee8991349da742e5a1a5be3cd179bb62
Author: Roland Scheidegger <sroland at vmware.com>
Date:   Sat Nov 21 04:39:30 2009 -0800

    intel: make CopyTex[Sub]Image fallback debug messages more
consistent

And compiled the xserver with --disable-aiglx
(I will always use that option from now on, because I hate the way X and
mesa are tied otherwise. For example X won't build if I compile it
against old mesa, etc...)

And now all 3D problems are gone.

I now doing a bisect, although I am not sure if it will help much.

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky