[Intel-gfx] [Mesa3d-dev] i965 OpenGL is heavily broken again

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Fri Mar 5 22:36:47 CET 2010

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 23:18:07 +0200
Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 12:55 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 22:42:21 +0200
> > Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > After quite long period of inactivity, I updated graphical stack on my
> > > desktop/server.
> > >
> > > To say the truth, I did such update about month ago, but found out that
> > > X refuses flatly to use DRI modules. I assumed that it was my mistake in
> > > compilation process (although it is automated).
> >
> > That generally indicates a build or config problem of some kind.  Did
> > you ever narrow it down?
> Because the same compile process works now, I suspect that wasn't build
> failure.

Well something weird is going on; maybe you didn't build X after Mesa
or with the right Mesa includes?

> I now compiled same stack, but reverted mesa to
>
> commit 465fee75ee8991349da742e5a1a5be3cd179bb62
> Author: Roland Scheidegger <sroland at vmware.com>
> Date:   Sat Nov 21 04:39:30 2009 -0800
>
>     intel: make CopyTex[Sub]Image fallback debug messages more
> consistent
>

> And compiled the xserver with --disable-aiglx
> (I will always use that option from now on, because I hate the way X and
> mesa are tied otherwise. For example X won't build if I compile it
> against old mesa, etc...)

If you can't get AIGLX to work then it may indicate a bigger problem.
X needs to load a DRI driver to perform acceleration for indirect
clients, I'm not sure what in that is hate-worthy.

> And now all 3D problems are gone.
>
> I now doing a bisect, although I am not sure if it will help much.

Probably not.  It sounds like your configuration is pretty custom and
something is seriously broken, so it'll be hard to help further.