[Intel-gfx] Debugging registers (INSTPS, CSCMDOP, CSCMDVLD, ...)

Jaeyong Yoo jaeyong.yoo at samsung.com
Wed Jan 14 23:38:32 PST 2015

Hello Daniel and other maintainers,

While I'm working on drm memory allocator with myself, I've encountered render ring hang.
And I am noticed that I can diagnose the command streamer's status with the following registers:

INSTPS: 0x2070
CSCMDOP: 0x220c
CSCMDVLD: 0x2210
INSTDONE_1: 206C

I can see the general description of such registers in the following PDF.
http://www.x.org/docs/intel/VOL_1_graphics_core.pdf

But, sadly, this document does not provide a field description for implementation specific registers.
I appreciate if you point me to such information in Haswell architecture?

Best regards,
JY