[Intel-gfx] [RFC v1] Data port coherency control for UMDs.

Joonas Lahtinen joonas.lahtinen at linux.intel.com
Mon Mar 19 13:53:57 UTC 2018

+ Dave, as FYI

Quoting Tomasz Lis (2018-03-19 14:37:34)
> The OpenCL driver develpers requested a functionality to control cache
> coherency at data port level. Keeping the coherency at that level is disabled
> by default due to its performance costs. OpenCL driver is planning to
> enable it for a small subset of submissions, when such functionality is
> required.

Can you please link to the corresponding OpenCL driver changes? I'm
assuming this relates to the new-driver-to-be-adopted, instead of
Beignet?

How is the story/schedule looking for adopting the new driver to
distros?

Seeing the userspace counterpart and tests will help in assessing the
suggested changes.

Regards, Joonas