[Intel-gfx] [RFC] splitting dri-devel to drm core and drivers lists?

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon Mar 26 08:53:09 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 10:00 AM, Jani Nikula <jani.nikula at intel.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2018, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
>> And as mentioned I think dri-drivers isn't big enough to be
>> sustainable on its own.
>
> It certainly is big enough to be disruptive to my inbox, and I don't
> seem to be alone.

If you want to make this happen, convince all those driver folks that
this will benefit them. That's essentially how intel-gfx and the
amdgpu list happened, and it's also kinda why nouveau is special (well
it's developed entirely in userspace somewhere else). I just wanted to
highlight that I don't see much benefit (if there is any) from the
smaller-drivers point of view, and hence that your proposal will face
an uphill battle.
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch