[LDTP-Dev] Ldtp was OK? but now is KO

Nagappan Alagappan nagappan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 21:15:24 PST 2012

Hi Phlinux,

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:50 AM, phlinux <philippe.legay at keynectis.com>wrote:

> Yesterday everything was OK.
>
> Today, nothing works (after an electric power problem). Lost of
> configuration ? Other problem ?
>
> I re-install WindLdtp again. I have the same problem. In fact, the server
> dose not listen on port 4148.

Default listening port is 4118

> So I decided to build the Cobrawinldtpserver from the source in order to
> debug it. The process hangs at
>
>  public class WindowList : List<AutomationElement>
>     {
>         public WindowList(Common common)
>         { ...
> Console.WriteLine("PHL WindowList constructor");
>

> Automation.AddAutomationEventHandler(WindowPattern.WindowOpenedEvent,
>                 AutomationElement.RootElement, TreeScope.Subtree,
>                 new AutomationEventHandler(ref this.OnWindowCreate));
> Console.WriteLine("PHL this is never print on the console");
>
> Have you an idea? I imagien that automation is a link between
> cobrawinldtpserver and the .net framework? So does I have a .NET framework
> problem?

I have noticed a crash in this location in Windows Vista SP1, on installing
SP2, the issue went off. Probably your system doesn't have all the latest
update, its just a wild guess. I don't know, why it has stopped working.

Thanks
Nagappan

> Thanks,
> PHL
>

> --

Cross platform GUI testing
Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
Cobra - Windows GUI Automation tool - https://github.com/ldtp/cobra
ATOMac - Mac GUI Automation tool - https://github.com/pyatom/pyatom
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com