[Libdlo] module loads and unloads

Mulchman mulchman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 16:14:58 PDT 2009

jasonlife wrote:
> I have one question. Are you currently using the original
> displaylink.c ? or did you apply the patch?

Not currently using the patch on the laptop machine w/ Ubuntu 8.10 (32
bit). Would you like me to try it (and/or with Xinerama enabled)? I
imagine I'll wind up crashed in libpixman again, though...
> what happens if you run following two commands when you start to
> screen?  (I assume you started X on DISPLAY :0)
X gets started through the /etc/init.d/gdm script which is run on
bootup. I'm not manually starting X or gdm. Should I be?

> xterm -display :0.0
> xterm -display :0.1
>
> Can you see xterm window on both screens?
Yes. The first one (:0.0) put an xterm window on the laptop screen and
the second one (:0.1) put an xterm window on the DisplayLink screen.

-Pat