[Libdlo] module loads and unloads

jasonlife jasonlife at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 16:33:10 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Mulchman <mulchman at gmail.com> wrote:

> jasonlife wrote:
> > I have one question. Are you currently using the original
> > displaylink.c ? or did you apply the patch?
> >
> Not currently using the patch on the laptop machine w/ Ubuntu 8.10 (32
> bit). Would you like me to try it (and/or with Xinerama enabled)? I
> imagine I'll wind up crashed in libpixman again, though...

Don't bother.. I just wondered whether you use the patch or not.

> > what happens if you run following two commands when you start to
> > screen?  (I assume you started X on DISPLAY :0)
> X gets started through the /etc/init.d/gdm script which is run on
> bootup. I'm not manually starting X or gdm. Should I be?

No.

> > xterm -display :0.0
> > xterm -display :0.1
> >
> > Can you see xterm window on both screens?
> Yes. The first one (:0.0) put an xterm window on the laptop screen and
> the second one (:0.1) put an xterm window on the DisplayLink screen.

Good. It seems both screens are started properly.

Try following ServerLayout section:

Section "ServerLayout"
    Screen    0 "Default Screen" 0 0
    Screen    1 "DisplayLink Screen"  RightOf "Default Screen"
EndSection

You can use LeftOf instead of RightOf according to your monitor position.

If you still have the problem, I suggest to use SWCursor by adding follow
options on each "Device" section in xorg.conf.

Option "SWCursor" "on"
Option "HWCursor" "off"

Not sure whether these options are valid, but it doesn't hurt..

JAK