[Libdlo] udlfb 0.4.0

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Nov 11 21:24:56 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 09:01:04PM -0800, Bernie Thompson wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> No problem.  Working through the essential todos will take a few
> releases and some time -- so we just need to find a way where the work
> can keep going on a daily basis, and can get versioned somewhere,
> while still generating tested patches in a format that works for the
> staging tree.

One patch per "thing you change" is the kernel rule.  Taking a huge
update is not something I really want to do at all, so it makes more
sense for you to constantly be sending me stuff all the time, not
waiting for big releases, as I'll have to reject them unless you break
them up as well.

> This release is built off the most current staging tree, so
> http://git.plugable.com/gitphp/index.php?p=udlfb&a=commitdiff&h=bd4d6c6592b8a2c55aa9676c97f169bccb1ffa2c
> should patch cleanly -- assuming quilt is ok with patching a
> subdirectory. Please let me know if that won't work.

I need a patch as described in Documentation/SubmittingPatches to be
able to apply it, I can't take a git tree, sorry.

> I'll exchange more emails with you 1-1 until we have a smooth way of
> handling this.  I'll modify whatever I'm doing to meet the needs of
> staging, since the whole point here is getting that moving forward.

Take a look at the SubmittingPatches file for a guide on what is needed
to be done here.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

thanks,

greg k-h