[Libdlo] Sheevaplug and UM-720S Intermittent failure to display

Bernie Thompson bernie at berniethompson.com
Fri May 28 08:38:35 PDT 2010

Hi Todd,

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Todd McCandlish <mccandlt at gmail.com> wrote:
>  During the boot up process the display turns green (as expected). Once the
> system launches GDM the screen flickers and then goes into a cycle
> where a solid red screen is displayed for second,
> followed by a greenscreen,
> then blue,
> then blank,
> then grey,
> then a checker board.
>
> This pattern repeats until I kill the running Xorg and then GDM
> restarts and then the normal Debian login screen comes up and all
> seems well.

It's hard to say, but this sounds like a power issue to me.  The
UM720S consumes more than the 500mA of power given by the USB
specification.  That works with most PCs, but perhaps not with the
SheevaPlug (especially for the current rush at power on).

Have you tried connecting the Mimo monitor through an AC powered external hub?

Best wishes,
Bernie
http://plugable.com/