[Libdlo] Using a displaylink device as an extended monitor in openSUSE 11.3

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Fri Oct 8 06:06:56 PDT 2010

Dear Joon,

On 20-07-10 04:46, Joon Ro wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I tried that, but the result is still the same.
> If I have Default screen first, then only the laptop monitor is on, and
> if I have the displaylink first, then only the displaylink screen is on.

I had a similar problem with the intel driver I had to disable all other
intel outputs that I did not use to stop them from being auto detected
and messing up the default serverlayout.

Section "Device"
    Identifier      "Configured Video Device Intel"
    Driver          "Intel"
    Option          "monitor-VGA1" "Configured Monitor Intel"
    Option          "monitor-LVDS1" "Configured Monitor Intel LVDS1"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier      "Configured Monitor Intel"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier      "Configured Monitor Intel LVDS1"
    Option          "Ignore" "True"
EndSection

With kind regards,

Jelle de Jong