[Libdlo] Doublesight Ds-90U display issues on Ubuntu Lucid 10.04.1 LTS

Craig Inglis craig.inglis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 19:37:47 PDT 2010

Quick update/correction:

Gnome (without failsafe) does work - its compiz that has issues and crashes:
$ gnome-wm
WARNING: Application calling GLX 1.3 function "glXCreatePixmap" when GLX 1.3
is not supported!  This is an application bug!
miptree doesn't match image
compiz: intel_regions.c:400: intel_region_copy: Assertion `src->cpp ==
dst->cpp' failed.
Aborted

Not sure whats going on there - might be due to windows/icons with offscreen
coordinates.

Switching to metacity seems to be a simple fix:
$ gconftool --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/session/required_components/windowmanager metacity

In my previous post I mentioned that I added kernel options "vga=normal
nomodeset" to /etc/default/grub. I actually added just "nomodeset" - the
actual line is:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset"

I think this might be important given how fussy the configuration is.

There are a couple of other oddities Ive noticed:

* Suspend/resume & screen power management dont work (hangs) - you need to
disable these in  System > Preferences > Power Management
* nm-applet & blueman applet dont like 16-bit color - they work fine but the
icons are in inverse video
* Gnome panel hide scrolls the panel onto the other screen rather than
hiding it - probably a generic dual screen issue
* the displaylink screen does turn green on startup but only for a very
short period (sub-second flash)

Currently no significant issues outstanding that I know of.