EM7455 on Lenovo Thinkpad T460s

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Mar 27 13:31:11 UTC 2017

Hey,

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Tim Harvey <tharvey at gateworks.com> wrote:
> I got my EM7455 working with Linux 4.10, libmbim-1.14.0, and
> libqmi-1.17.901. I did not use ModemManager as I was more interested in how
> things worked with a manual configuration. There were some key points:
> - Lenovo EM7455 (1199:9079) uses MBIM

It may be switched to QMI, though, if needed.

> - I needed to enable FCC auth using 'qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0
> --device-open-mbim --dms-set-fcc-authentication' (verify radio is enabled in
> both hw/sw states via 'mbimcli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --query-radio-state')

Please note that if using libqmi 1.18.0 you no longer need
"--device-open-mbim" (although it doesn't harm if you provide it).

> I would recommend building a local updated libmbim/libqmi from source which
> is fairly straight-forward.

libqmi 1.18.0 is already in my Ubuntu 16.04 PPA, if needed, probably
easier to setup the PPA than rebuilding from source.

Cheers!

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es