EM7455 on Lenovo Thinkpad T460s

Daniel Barlow dan at telent.net
Mon Mar 27 14:24:03 UTC 2017

One other thing I should add which you may or may not know already: the
mbim-connect script does not set up your wwan IP address or add any routes,
and you should not expect to get them from DHCP either.  (Although,
confusingly, in my experience DHCP from time to time *did* somehow manage
to give me an IPv6 address, which led to much wailing and rending of
garments when I couldn't see why it often didn't).   Once mbim-connect has
finished, use "mbimcli -p -d /dev/cdc-ncm --query-ip-configuration " (or
something like that, am typing from memory and can't remember the exact
syntax) to find out what your ISP has assigned you, then use ip or
ifconfig/route to set your network up appropriately

dan at telent.net
http://ww.telent.net