Problem with E392 connection using wwan0

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Aug 16 05:49:21 PDT 2013

Madhan <madhan.mepco at gmail.com> writes:

> hi ,
> I have used qmi_wwan and cdc_wdm for my device
>
> Sending At commands through /dev/ttyUSB0(option)
>      a) *AT^NDISDUP*=1,1,"my_apn"
>         ok.
>      b)* AT^DHCP?*
>         gives me IP also
>
> But when I set the IP with the provided netmask , dns and gw
> I am *not able to connec*t to internet .
>

> But when I use the "libqmi"
> *qmicli -*d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-start-network=airtelgprs.com,PAP,"",""
>  --client-no-release-cid
>
> I am able to *successfully connect *to network using my network interface .
>
> Cant I do the same without using qmicli ?
> Is there anything in specific which establishes connection after getting IP

Which kernel (i.e. driver) version do you use? A few fixes for known
firmware bugs went into v3.9 and the still maintained stable kernels
where they could be applied without changes.  I could not make my E392
work using AT^NDISDUP without some of these fixes.

But I do believe the QMI connection method is more stable on these
modems.   The Windows driver/application use it, so that's the mode
getting any testing.  The AT command method might work, but I recommend
using QMI.  As you have already found out, it is more reliable.  Why
don't you want to use it?