QMI protocol error (26): 'NoEffect' on stopping

Kavula Suresh kavulas at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:01:09 PDT 2015

Hello,

As I integrated qmi, most cases my connection with verizon is getting
disconnecting sometimes.

To reestablish connection, implemented status monitor mechanism and on
disconnection stopping (to clear) and then restarting.

For status monitoring, stop and start used qmi-network script. But
receiving following errors.

*On failure of disconnection:*

Getting status with 'qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0
--wds-get-packet-service-status --client-cid=8 --client-no-release-cid'...

*After stop:*

Stopping network with 'qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0
--wds-stop-network=1205846256 --client-cid=8'...
error: couldn't stop network: QMI protocol error (26): 'NoEffect'
Network stopped successfully
Clearing state...

*After start:*
error: cannot re-start network, PDH already exists
Status:ReStarted, disconnected Connection

Can you please give some suggestions on this.

Thanks,