qmi_wwan fails with error -22

Muri Nicanor muri+libqmi at immerda.ch
Sat Oct 31 03:20:42 PDT 2015

hi

On 10/30/2015 09:26 PM, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Muri Nicanor <muri+libqmi at immerda.ch> writes:
>
>> oke, it works now, i don't know exactly why maybe because i disabled the
>> wwan quick connect feature in bios? now, after a reboot, i was able to
>> connect using mobile broadband device using network manager, i have a
>> wwan0 devie and i can connect to my vpn at work. i'll observe the
>> situation ;)
>
> Great!
well, apparently that was a one time thing, at least now i'm not able to
reproduce this state..

> I'm attaching a proposed fix for qcserial, in case you feel up to some
> driver patching.  It's not dangerous :)
i tested the patch. after booting, the mbim_proxy process used a lot of
cpu and i had no network connection. after another reboot, the
mbm_process ran normally, but i didn't have any network connection again.

actually, i wasn't able to connect the modem for multiple reboots.
dmesg with the
0001-USB-qcserial-Fix-support-for-HP-lt4112-LTE-HSPA-Gobi.patch:
https://paste.debian.net/hidden/15ea3045/

dmesg with qcserial blacklistet, but using the patch for qmi_wwan:
https://paste.debian.net/hidden/e058af14/

syslog from modemmanager and networkmanager with qcserial blacklistet:
https://paste.debian.net/hidden/18f5e5f0/

cheers,
muri