MC7430 modem issue

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Apr 27 07:54:23 UTC 2016

dailijin  <dailijin126 at 126.com> writes:

> For support MC7430, I have refered to
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/drivers/net/usb/usbnet.c?id=81e0ce79f2919dbd5f025894d29aa806af8695c7
> to modify usbnet driver, this will cause my system periodically reboot
> when plugin ATT Beam modem or Sprint modem which use GobiNet
> driver. seems there are conflict.  Do you know how to fix this issue?

Ouch.  I wonder if you can test the attached patch, which also tries to
capture a warning if it ever hits.  Which it really shouldn't...  But I
don't see any other way that patch could cause such problems. Please let
me know how this goes.  If you get a warning then I hope that will
explain what happens here.