eMBMS in libqmi

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Jan 15 12:48:52 UTC 2018

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> writes:

> What we need is to extend libqmi and qmicli with support for the
> QMI_NAS_CONFIG_EMBMS (NAS 0x0062), QMI_NAS_GET_EMBMS_STATUS (NAS
> 0x0063) and QMI_NAS_EMBMS_STATUS_IND (NAS 0x0063) messages. The
> messages are easy enough (just enable/disable eMBMS setup). We would
> need to define them in data/qmi-service-nas.json and then update
> qmicli with new actions to use them.

Note that there are a few WDS eMBMS TMGI requests as well. Might also be
required for eMBMS support?

QMI_WDS_TMGI_ACTIVATE (WDS 0x0065)
QMI_WDS_TMGI_ACT_IND (WDS 0x0065)
QMI_WDS_TMGI_DEACTIVATE (WDS 0x0066)
QMI_WDS_TMGI_DEACT_IND (WDS 0x0066)
QMI_WDS_TMGI_LIST_QUERY (WDS 0x0067)
QMI_WDS_TMGI_LIST_IND (WDS 0x0068)
QMI_WDS_TMGI_SWITCH (WDS 0x0088)
QMI_WDS_TMGI_SWITCH_IND (WDS 0x0088)

I know exactly nada about this broadcast stuff.  Thought that was a
thing of the previous millemnnium ;-) But TMGI seems to be a way to
uniquely name a broadcast service using the MCC and MNC to make it
globally unique.  Ref https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01291201/document
So I am guessing that the WDS requests are what actually activates a
service?