Fw: question about qmicli

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Oct 27 16:30:33 UTC 2020

Hey,

> the distribution of the linux i'm using is linux raspbian buster (the last version) in a raspberry pi CM3+
> if i specifically put the path in /usr/lib all commands work ok and withput errors.

I still suggest you build and install with --prefix=/usr and
--libdir=/usr/lib/<SOMETHING> where <SOMETHING> is where Debian puts
the libraries inside, you can probably find that directory name
easily. That way you won't need the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Or well, if this is more than just a hobby project, you should
probably think about actually repackaging the MM you're using for that
distro.

> sudo  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --device-open-net='net-raw-ip|net-no-qos-header' --wds-start-network="apn='APN',ip-type=4" --client-no-release-cid
>
> in the case of wds service,  What is the right way to get CID and  not release them. i need to execute a wds-noop first and then execute the connection?

Whatever you prefer. I usually use the wds-noop step to perform the
client allocation on itself, and then reuse it. But you can definitely
do client allocation on --wds-start-network if you prefer

> and what happen with the CID when the connection are losed? i need to request another CID with wds-noop or i can reuse the existent ?

The CID is not lost. You can reuse it as much as needed.