Network scan - retrieve additional information

merewyn.jgreenwood at gmail.com merewyn.jgreenwood at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 02:08:19 UTC 2021

Hi Aleksander, thanks for responding so quickly.

I was looking through the source code (e.g. qmicli-nas.c) and it looks like specific sets of information elements* are requested from the network scan, so I was hoping there are actually more information elements available and they could be retrieved by adding them to the requested information elements.

*Information elements requested:
QmiMessageNasNetworkScanOutputNetworkInformationElement
QmiMessageNasNetworkScanOutputRadioAccessTechnologyElement
QmiMessageNasNetworkScanOutputMncPcsDigitIncludeStatusElement

I'm using a SimCom SIM7600G-H which has a Qualcomm MDM9607 chipset, but I haven't been able to find any information on what other network scan information elements might be retrievable from the modem.
I've noticed a few odd things with this modem such as there is no AT command for network scan in the SimCom AT command manual, but it's available through the qmicli...which raises my suspicion that there may be more information hiding under the surface...

Cheers,
John