[LGM] Direct me to wrap up of previous LGMs, please

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Apr 23 14:23:30 PDT 2013

On 04/23/2013 04:39 PM, María Leandro wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> The idea to make decisions in advance is the path to take, however, we
> didn't start with it till this year...

This is not really true. We did discuss it in 2012, and in some detail.
The fact that we are working on a tighter and more transparent process
doesn't erase the discussion that occurred in 2012 and mean that we are
now starting from scratch. Some of us remember that there was a definite
decision for Madrid in 2013, and tentative decision for Montreal in
2014. It seems that some people either don't remember this, or disagreed
and didn't speak up then.

Personally, I would like to see more energy and effort at this time go
into people making proposals for 2015, so that we don't end up in the
same place again after LGM 2014, wherever it might be. If there is
anything we should have learned already it's the difficulty we have in
arriving at a consensus about future meetings.

Greg