[LGM] http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/lgm/

a.l.e at ideale.ch a.l.e at ideale.ch
Thu Apr 25 07:17:59 PDT 2013

dear LGMers,here is a report on the LGM communication infrastructure,
with some proposals for the further steps.CREATE MAILING LISTthe place
for the general discussions on the LGM. each member of the
organization team should be subscribed. all the LGM projects should
have at least one member represeting it on this list.it's a list with
a rather broad list of people and low traffic.LGM MAILING LISTthe
place for the discussion among the LGM organization team. each member
of the team should be subscribed. other people can subscribe and
follow the discussion and give occasionnal contributions (if your
contributions become regular, you should probably get into the
team)please don't cross post to the lgm and create
lists.LGM.TITANPAD.COMinstead of a wiki we propose to use a titanpad
(or any other sort of pad:

   * it enables a real time collaborative work

   * no spam

   * no infrastructure for manage (if we use an existing platform)

   * you can see the history

   * we have a *pad at http://lgm.titanpad.com[1] (if somebody
proposed a better platform it's ok for us)

   * each member of the (local + global)= organization team has an
account for it and can add pads. they can choose if the pad should be
public (and promoted in public), only on invitation or "private" to
the team.

   * content that is "finished" is copied into the /lgm wordpress as
pages for archiving. the history is kept as a pad.

LIBREGRAPHICSMEETING.ORG/LGM/a site with static information on the
LGM. currently the following pages have already been created:

   * a front page: a general statement (to be improved) and a picture (missing)

   * about: a description of the LGM

   * organization team: who is organizing and what he/she is doing;
it's ok for everybody to be mentioned with first and last name? would
anybody against putting a picture of each person?

   * the past lgm: a list (done) with a description and picture of
each past LGM (to be done)

   * contact

   * a link to the create mailing list and the irc channel (with web client?)

   * in the future we can add other addresses (like the LGM list...
but i'm not sure that it's best entry point maybe an email address
that gets forwarded to the LGM list?)

   * Public documentation : General information, accessible to anyone,
about how the LGM is organized. Most of the old wiki information
should go here. We can imagine that we will need the sections "Media
and Press" or "Sponsors", one for the people that want to organize an
LGM or help with the organization. (to be created)

   * Team: a section with internal pages that are only visible for
people logged in (internal documents like samples of emails sent to
sponsors, ...)

   * News:  blog entries; most of the news should probably go to the
current /201x site, we will see if a /lgm/news section is needed for
specific news like a "call for next year venue".

   * Documents uploaded to this Wordpress (wordpress "medias") will be
available to team members through this site, so it's also a way to
share documents (logos, press communication, etc.).

each member of the organization team should have an editor account and
be able to edit/create pages.please ask for an account if you need it
now! otherwise you will automatically get one as soon as the platform
is stable./notes/:

   * mod_rewrite does not yet work for /lgm but is planned

   * the site is run with wordpress

   * for now, the theme is just the default one with very small tweaks.

   * the "team documentation" section is visible to connected peoples only

/questions/:

   * which pages from the old create wiki should be imported?

   * we should find a menu structure to integrate the "checklist" (or
form) for the venues candidates (menu structure)?

LIBREGRAPHICSMEETING.ORG/201X/a site site with current information
about the current LGM.it's mostly filled by the local organization
team./notes/:

   * the site is run with wordpress

   * each site is archived as static html as soon as no further edit
is needed (when the new /201x becomes the default one?)

GITHUB.COM/AOLOE/LGM-WP/a github repository with the code specific to
the LGM website (theme, templates, config files, ...)it also has an
issues tracker for logging what is being done on the platform and what
the wishes are.you can add bug reports and wishes in there!SOCIAL
MEDIAwe have:

   * g+ (ale)

   * identi.ca (ale)

   * twitter

   * facebook

   * flickr

and still have to check who has the keys for what...of course, this
mail has been written on titanpad (http://lgm.titanpad.com/1) and if
the proposition are accepted, the information above will be added to
the /lgm wordpress!waiting for your feedback!ciaoa.l.e

Links:
------
[1] http://lgm.titanpad.com/