[LGM] announcing LGM 2014?

Manuel Schmalstieg webdev at ms-studio.net
Wed Jun 26 15:12:58 PDT 2013

Well, taking myself as an example, I don't have any *specific*
question to ask that I could write to the list ... but I would happily
hang out for an hour on an IRC channel with other LGM folks, and just
listen to what people are saying, see what ideas and plans are
crystallizing, maybe chat with some LGM Madrid attendees.

Doing it on IRC would have some clear advantages:

- you and other future Leipzig staff members can have a useful team discussion.
- other LGM community members can ask informal questions and chat a bit.
- no mailboxes will get spammed in the process (if important things
are said, we can always re-post to the list).
- low-involvement community members (who are to shy to write to the
list) will get an opportunity to become more deeply involved :)

Indeed it's early, and I assume there aren't so many practical things
to ask/discuss yet. It's rather about keeping the pace, the energy,
and enabling communication among the community. I think the Madrid
event was a very strong moment, where people from many different areas
and locations connected and had good talks. Having something like a
monthly IRC hangout could help to keep those connections alive.

It's not necessarily your duty to organize this, but I think you're in
a perfect position to simply choose a date (some Friday or Saturday
evening, Leipzig time zone, sometime in July) and announce it, and it
will just launch the process.

Best,
Manuel