[LGM] Fwd: LGM2014 decision meeting, Saturday at 16.00 UTC

Mario Behling mb at mariobehling.de
Sat May 11 02:33:32 PDT 2013

Dear all,

I also have some other remarks to the discussion in this thread: in
Madrid, there was a meeting, there were proposals, everyone who wanted
to participate could participate and we all got together instead of
browsing the city. Now the list gets extended and Sirko is taken off
the list because of personal disparities or why?

The meeting in Madrid was well announced. We had an in-depth
discussion. Different ideas were discussed and as far as I could see a
consensus was reached. After that, we keep seeing different proposals
how to decide a venue popping up. Then suddenly, there is an LGM board
announced that existed, even though there was not a mentioning of this
before and it seems not everyone from the so-called board is even
interested to involve.

I find it very confusing that decisions that were reached are
constantly questioned and discussed again. What is the goal here? If
there was no consensus, why did not people who were not d'accord say
anything?  We had the advantage of a face to face meeting and it is as
if it never happened?

Also, despite this long email, please consider: Not everyone who wants
to contribute is motivated to participate in this kind of politics and
imposed re-ocurring and time-consuming online discussions.

I do not know how if anyone else sees these issues, but I think more
structure in a form of an organization, formalization in processes,
decision making and more transparency could help to avoid such issues
in future.

Best regards,

Mario