[LGM] url for the call for participation

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 10:21:55 PST 2013

2013/11/29 ale rimoldi <a.l.e at ideale.ch>

> hi greg && jon,
>
>  Meanwhile, back at the original subject ...
>>>
>>> Is there a way to have another layer on this CFP issue, where attendees
>>> might request that some talk on some topic take place?
>>>
>>> You might consider this a form of marketing, where you try to give the
>>> audience what they want, not just what some collection of people wants
>>> to talk about.
>>>
>> Excellent.
>> We have a field in the registration form where people can enter what
>> they want to see at LGM.
>> http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2014/register/
>>
>> But this is perhaps too "binding", we may want to (especially) get
>> input from those who have not yet planned to come.
>> Perhaps just starting a public conversation on our social media
>> channels will do?
>>

> imo a very good idea!

+1 :-)

> indeed, the registration form is a bit too binding at this stage...

+1 :-)

> launching the discussion on several social media / forums / ... is a great
> idea, but it would be nice to also have a central place, where people could
> drop their ideas (and where we could store what we hear from people).
>
> i would prefer a form on the lgm site, but a google form would also do...

I like the idea of the form but also need interaction. Can this be achieved
that way?

I think people should be able to do 2 things: browse the suggestions and
add one of their own (or add a note to an existing one or even vote for
it!).

Something like the Mantis bug tracking system is something I think could be
of help.

We could stick to the talks-BoFs-workshop-etc structure and let people tell
us what they want for each, including a "None" or "Other" option where
people could just throw their idea outside the structure.

Cheers!

Louis