[LGM] access to the gravity forms lists

Tobias Ellinghaus houz at gmx.de
Tue Jan 7 06:32:37 PST 2014

Am Dienstag, 7. Januar 2014, 09:13:52 schrieb Gregory Pittman:
> On 01/07/2014 08:23 AM, S.Kemter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can you or Greg explain for what it is necessary that he sees the
> > submissions? That has nothing to do with openess
>
> Perhaps 'necessary' isn't quite the right word. On the other hand, does
> it need to be secret?
> One idea is to get a sense of simply how many proposals are coming in.
> About which projects/topics?
>
> Isn't it informative or helpful to let visitors to the site have some
> idea how things are progressing? To have some confidence that this is
> going to be a meeting worth attending?
>
> If we have one or more meetings which are deemed by many to be a bad or
> worthless experience, the continuity of LGM can easily and severely be
> threatened. An ongoing issue with the "LGM community" is the overall
> lack of communication and feedback -- I see this as a volatile situation.

I agree that LGM should communicate more. And getting a sense of how many
proposals have been submitted might be something worth considering.

However, I don't agree that putting the actual proposals into the public is a
good idea. Doing so has always the implicit side effect of stating "and these
that were proposed and not approved in the end were not good enough for us"
which easily falls back on the person doing the proposal. Even if it was just
rejected because the timetable was already full or there were several
proposals about more or less the same topic.

> Greg

Tobias