[LGM] New mindsets, new sorts of advocacy

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Jan 29 09:31:55 PST 2014

Let's face it, FOSS doesn't get as much traction as it deserves.
Increasingly we live in a world of consumerism, of taking without
giving, of assigning a monetary value to everything.

We have our own perspective as it applies to graphics software, but that
doesn't mean we can't advocate for FOSS in general, to help people
understand what's at stake.

For example, try to think of useful slogans about FOSS.

"FOSS: We're trying to get into your consciousness, not your wallet."

Greg