[LGM] Quest for a new LGM server

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 06:06:39 PDT 2014

>  salut louis,

Salut Ale!

> thanks for the feedback!

:)

>  The forms?
>

> if we stay with gravity forms, i see no reason why they should not work,
> since wordpress is working...

Super!

>  Access to previous Websites?
>

> good question.
>
> the plan is to move all the past websites to static html. (or almost
> static html, if we can't reproduce specific things)

I think this is just perfect.

> is there anything in the "dynamic" part of the old site (mostly the data
> you can access only when your logged in) that you still need? like specific
> past forms?
>
> we can of course import the old forms with their content if needed, but i
> would prefer to avoid it, if we nobody needs them.

One easy thing is we can download the data in a .cvs file that holds little
room and can be consulted if we ever need this. Maybe to make some
statistics? But we do have that on records in the final reports each year?

Apart from that, there is no need to keep that data. It’s even better to
clear it since there are some personal infos like street address and bank
infos that we don’t need to keep.

> i don't think that we will ask peter to take offline the old site before
> the next lgm, so if we miss something we should always be able to retrieve
> it from the original server.

OK. Good. We might miss something we don’t think about at the moment.

Have a great day and thanks for all the super work!

Louis