[LGM] should LGM or its site have something to say about Charlie Hebdo?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Jan 15 09:57:40 PST 2015

In this age of 24 hour news coverage, social media, and events evolving
at the speed of the internet, things which at first are touching become
viral and develop an energy which reaches out in all sorts of
directions. You become the target of negative press by not jumping on
the wave -- witness the attacks on President Obama for not going to
Paris. I don't think there is, and perhaps never was a clear
understanding of what individuals as individuals are trying to say with
"je suis Charlie". There are reports that people have been trying to
copyright the phrase, and I read today that someone sold an issue of
Charlie Hebdo for $20,000 on eBay.

So already it has morphed into something with negative baggage.

Greg