[LGM] should LGM or its site have something to say about Charlie Hebdo?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sun Jan 18 09:24:38 PST 2015

On 16 January 2015 at 19:00, Louis Desjardins <louis.desjardins at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> > If something is done, I'd prefer a bit more original work. And
something
>> > that rather expresses the unity of humanity than a separation in nous
et
>> > elles/ils.
>>
>> I agree with Michael.
>

> +1

Is this about free graphics software being available to humanity without
restrictions on use?

If this is about free speech, maybe something about wikileaks, who
actually, you know, used libre software?

If this is about violence, maybe something protesting local weapon
manufacturer Héroux-Devtek?

If this is about unity of humanity, maybe something about poverty and
redistribution of wealth?

Politics isn't simple. Lgm is for folks who happen to agree about one
political issue, software freedom for graphics. It's essential to leave
other politics out for it to be inclusive.

I think that includes free speech politics - since free speech is widely
understood to have limits on decency, eg something about meeting insults to
yo mama with punches, http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30835625 ;)