[LGM] should LGM or its site have something to say about Charlie Hebdo?

Andreas Vox andreas.vox at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 04:38:09 PST 2015

> Am 18.01.2015 um 12:10 schrieb Camille Bissuel <camille at nylnook.com>:

> Finally, I'm afraid Pat was right saying that reaffirm our belief in freedom show "the organization as a whole has failed at espousing those ideals all along". I discover sadly most of us don't understand what freedom mean. But it's not too late to do some pedagogy. Therefore, it look more important now.

„LGM as a whole“ is not a political organization, it’s a bunch of people interested in free tools. Each time you expect LGM to take a position, you’ll run into the problem of forming a consensus, and communication among LGM members is just not intense enough to provide that in an efficient manner. Why don’t we just put up a page „statements of LGM members concerning the terror attacks in Paris“ and let different quotes speak for themselves?

Personally, I think these were less an attack on the freedom of speech but more hate-crimes against the freedom to live.

/Andreas