[LGM] how large is libre graphics community

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 12:48:04 PDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 10:25 PM, Dave Crossland wrote:

> I see in all software there are 2 camps, developers and users, and the
> purpose of the software freedom movement is to give both camps equality in
> deciding how the software is developed.

Yes, the radicals in the free software movement have a lot of funky
ideas. Another curious one I heard recently was "free software should
not target a group of users and instead should try to please
everyone".

There are basically two scenarios when you enjoy the benefits of
decision making for other people:

1. You are the boss, and others are your employees.
2. You are the master, and others are your slaves.

Since slavery is outlawed pretty much everywhere by now, unless you
are paying a free software developer to get things done, you don't
make decisions. You _encourage_ and get developers _interested_ in
your ideas.

Alex