[LGM] LGM in Europe?

ale rimoldi ale at graphicslab.org
Thu May 4 17:22:41 UTC 2017

hi joao

i cannot judge this year's LGM but, depending on the metrics,
some LGMs have more or less failed in the past.
(the same LGMs might have been a success according to other metrics...)

> But "never again outside EU/Canada" just because one
> organization/organizer fumbled it out
> is too much. Of course there should be precautions to avoid the delays
> we had this year - but
> that is not exclusive to LGM's outside Europe either.

no, never again is not a good plan.
i also don't think that martin proposal relates in any way to a specific
fault any specific person might have done.

so: in my eyes, martin's idea of satellite LGMs deserves to be taken
seriously.

personally, my big sorrow relates to the question where the focus of the
LGM is nowadays:

- a meeting between (and inside) the LG projects?
- or a conference promoting LG?

answering this question might help us decide, if we should follow
martin's suggestion or not.

other people might have "similar" questions worth to be answered by the
community, that can help us grow.
and make better and better LGMs in the future.

ciao
a.l.e