[LGM] LGM 2019 - Funding

Frank Trampe frank.trampe at gmail.com
Wed May 1 17:52:02 UTC 2019

Thanks for providing the background on this. I was certainly not suggesting
that anything short of a signed written agreement be disregarded. I just
wasn't sure to what degree there was an agreement as opposed to an offer.

I know that paying for something and not getting the credit would seem
unfair, but the size of the Google offer is sufficient to make such a thing
unnecessary. If we find a way to get the $20,000 offered by Google, the
GIMP would not need to pay for the video services. Whether or not there is
a formal engineering budget, I'm sure that there are other things that the
project could do with the money. For some projects, just the cost of
sending people to LGM is a strain, and finding a way to accept the Google
sponsorship and thus to cover some travel costs would be a great help.

As Soenke mentions, there's no exclusivity to the video content. If the
GIMP still wants to contribute to the video recording costs, could we
perhaps find some arrangement under which we give shared credit to all
video sponsors on the official LGM channel and post with exclusive GIMP
credit elsewhere?

Can somebody from c3voc comment on willingness (if we were to reach a deal
here) to accept money from an event sponsored by Google?