[LGM] LGM 2019 - Funding

Øyvind Kolås pippin at gimp.org
Wed May 1 21:53:18 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 9:19 PM Frank Trampe <frank.trampe at gmail.com> wrote:

> A deal with Google would not disrupt any existing arrangements for video recording (unless the people participating themselves refused). If Google sponsors and the GIMP project provides the video recording services, the GIMP organization would invoice for the services provided.
>
> Does this mean, by the way, that c3voc isn't available on our dates?

Last year - upon receiving its thus far largest single donation, from
the handshake foundation, GIMP decided to *spend* some of the received
funds on a larger sponsorship of LGM than usual (many years GIMP have
sponsored social events and even the general travel reimbursement
fund.) GIMP considers LGM important enough that in the past we indeed
sponsored the travel of people from other projects if the crowd
funding/sponsorship efforts failed to meet expectations, in the future
we hope that other projects involved get successful enough in their
fund-raising that they also can contribute financially in addition to
helping out with organizing the event (and funding own participants
travel and accomodation). The videos are one of the most substantial
traces of the event. GIMP has offering funds to get C3VOC to use
professional and streamlined workflow and equipment for the
capture/streaming and creation of videos. Keeping them
advertising/logo free is valuable to us (LGM/GIMP), we also prefer our
logo to not show up as a sponsor along with corporate sponsors; and
would rather be mentioned in text - or perhaps not at all. if others
use logos on the website.

/pippin