[LGM] server migration of the IRC channel?

ale rimoldi ale at graphicslab.org
Wed May 26 18:19:33 UTC 2021

good morning

personally, if we need to make a change, i also would love to see a move
to matrix.

yes, it's a "heavier" tool but it's also much closer to what people
are used nowadays.
in my eyes, a good compromise between freedoms and comfort.

i'm used to irc, but most channels feel empty nowadays.
 i also don't know anybody around me who uses it or even knows what it
 is...
(ok, that's true also about matrix and element... but it's still new
: - )

finally, i don't feel a urge to move away from freenode, but i
completely agree that we should keep an eye on how it evolves.

ciao
a.l.e