[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Report Submission Assistant

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Mon Aug 29 09:40:20 PDT 2011

Loic Dachary schrieb:

Hi,

> I manually entered the components and subcomponents, because I did
> not know where to find their source.

For Bugzilla I don't know, currently a list only is available with admin
permissions. May be some day we will find a way to get the data.
Currently Frontend programmed  Components are fine, we do not need new
Components very often.

> Is there a reference list for the
> subcomponents ? Or are they authoritative in
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details ?

 From BugReport_Details. We are just learning, what subcomponent for
what component might change very often, we will have to find a solution.

What about the
> list of versions ?

See Commponents, but we need a new Version every week (or so).

> In any case the page will only lookup data in bugzilla and not insert
> or edit anything.

Souds good, that will not cause problems

> I don't know what you mean by "merchantable links"

I wanted to say "Quite usual Links as you might type into the URL input
pane of the browser"

>  I'm notoriously bad at guessing what people will
> find "easy" or "intuitive".

Me to. But that should not be the problem, I heard several suggestions
in between.

I suggest that I / We add several details to the
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant_-_ToDo#Define_steps_and_sort_order_for_items_of_Assistant>,
and in parallel we go on testing some modules, that we can connect soon
to a complete front end.

A first test I would like to do:
We need Help texts that appear when the Component has been selected from
the picker (like in Bugzilla). My dream  would be a proceeding reading
texts from a source like a short Wiki Template text, at it's end a Link
to a Wiki Page with a more elaborated explication (opens in new Window
or Browser Tab).

That would be very flexible and also available for the Subcomponents.
It's not necessary to read that source for each report, update every few
hours would be enough.

Can you contribute come ideas how that could work so that I can create
some examples?

You also should think about a possibility to define what subcomponents
are available for what components in a flexible way.

CU

Rainer