[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Report Submission Assistant

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Sat Sep 3 23:52:23 PDT 2011

Loic Dachary schrieb:

> I'm confused by the purpose of this page (Greeting).
>
> It looks like it is something you want included in the bug assistant

Hi,

yes, so it is. This is a secondary problem, but I wanted that you know
this Idea:

Most steps of bug submission will need some explication, but it's not
easy to know what problems a beginner might have. So int might be useful
to adapt the help texts due to the requests of the users. That adapting
would be more easy if we would have help texts with more or less public
access that can be modified by QA team member without modification of
the code of the Assistant.

Additionally it might be useful to have translated versions of the
assistant for users that do not speak English.

I believe for the current status of the Assistant you should use
consequently variables for all texts and a "text data base" (variables
definition).  We can think later about the problem how to assign these
text variables from an external source.

Of course that will cause some additional expense for the code, and we
will need come conventions for the texts so that modifications or
translations will not destroy page view.

Today I will work some hours at my PC, if you like and if you think that
some clarification will be needed,we can meet in the IRC
(Rainer_Bielefeld will be active in IRC when I am available).

CU

Rainer