[Libreoffice-qa] Fwd: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 3.6 with a wealth of new features and improvements

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Aug 13 10:33:08 PDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 09:38:21AM -0700, bfo wrote:
> I am starting to doubt that it helps. I recently delivered Windows bt to
> most crash bugs I could find. Prepared wiki page about it. Asked for review
> of that page. Silence. Few of the bugs were fixed, without any comment if my
> bt was useful. Will keep this work, but I don't see that bugs with bts are
> fixed quicker.

I can assure you they are. The best way to get a bug solved is:

- having a reproduction scenario
- having a stacktrace
- having bibisected the issue

Once you are there, it is orders of magnitude easier to go ahead with the bug.

Also note that (as implied from other mails in this thread) Rainer, Michael and
I are cooking something up to improve the situation -- however we need to find
a way ensure that both QA and development feel it will improve the situation. If
the volunteer developers on the project feel it overburdening them they will
either ignore what we propose or leave, so it has to work for all. By the end
of the week we will know more.

Best,

Bjoern