[Libreoffice-qa] Dailies by branch

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Dec 7 02:32:48 PST 2012

Hi Pedro,

On Thu, 2012-12-06 at 08:11 -0800, Pedro wrote:
> You (whoever did this)

	Actually, I've no idea who did this :-) we should find out, perhaps
Norbert knows.

> could have done exactly the same while showing some consideration for the
> few people who still bother with QA and announcing the changes here first.

	Agreed.

> Apologies are nice but avoiding having to apologize is much better...

	Agreed again :-)

> BTW the build organization improved a lot. Well done!

	So you're generally happy with the change ? [ it'd be nice to avoid the
back-compat symlinks if that works for everyone since they'd clutter the
top-level with two inter-mingled un-related concepts: branch and
build-system if possible ].

> Florian Effenberger wrote
> > I think this is rather a question for the developers, since that machine
> > is maintained by them and I don't want to interfere with their way of
> > working. :-)
>
> Yep. This is only a question for developers. Just ignore people who can't
> code.

	I'm sorry you feel that way: for me developers includes people doing
the critical job of QA; I'd use 'hackers' for people doing the coding -
not sure what Florian means.

	So - I'm sorry this was not discussed in advance here; Norbert - do you
know off hand more about the story there ?

	All the best,

		Michael.