[Libreoffice-qa] Dailies by branch

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 04:42:03 PST 2012

Hi Michael

Michael Meeks-2 wrote
>> BTW the build organization improved a lot. Well done!
>
> 	So you're generally happy with the change ? [ it'd be nice to avoid the
> back-compat symlinks if that works for everyone since they'd clutter the
> top-level with two inter-mingled un-related concepts: branch and
> build-system if possible ].

I am very happy with that particular change.  Actually if someone asked QA
people I think that it could be improved. As Rainer suggested in the Website
topic, it could have two paths 1) daily\by_OS\by_branch and 2)
daily\by_branch\by_OS

TBH the previous organization by machine was really the worst :)

I have asked Norbert to rename the W2008R2 machine but he hasn't got into it

Michael Meeks-2 wrote
> 	I'm sorry you feel that way: for me developers includes people doing
> the critical job of QA; I'd use 'hackers' for people doing the coding -
> not sure what Florian means.

Yes, that is exactly how those comments from the Chairman of the Board of
Directors of TDF make me feel.
Obviously the devs need to make the changes to the tinderboxes but a little
bit of dialog would be nice... I believe that is how you build a community.
Otherwise it's a developer driven project and everybody else either fits in
our gets out.

Best regards,
Pedro