[Libreoffice-qa] Dailies by branch

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Dec 7 07:45:24 PST 2012

Pedro píše v Pá 07. 12. 2012 v 04:42 -0800:
> Hi Michael
>

> Michael Meeks-2 wrote
> >> BTW the build organization improved a lot. Well done!
> >
> > 	So you're generally happy with the change ? [ it'd be nice to avoid the
> > back-compat symlinks if that works for everyone since they'd clutter the
> > top-level with two inter-mingled un-related concepts: branch and
> > build-system if possible ].
>
> I am very happy with that particular change.  Actually if someone asked QA
> people I think that it could be improved. As Rainer suggested in the Website
> topic, it could have two paths 1) daily\by_OS\by_branch and 2)
> daily\by_branch\by_OS
>
> TBH the previous organization by machine was really the worst :)

OK, you say that daily\by_OS\by_branch is the worst solution. Would
anyone use it at all when we have daily\by_branch\by_OS now? Would it be
really improvement if we need to maintain two trees and bunch of compat
symlinks?

Was the change really so controversial that I needed to ask for approval
all people around? I agree that it would have been better to add QA
mailing list into CC but there was reason (time press) as explained.

Note that I announced it and explained, so you were informed.

Best Regards,
Petr