[Libreoffice-qa] QA - LO4.0 - I'm a newbie testing, I need to know how to check if a bug exists

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Mon Dec 17 20:23:08 PST 2012

On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 00:32 -0300, Juan Matias de la Camara wrote:
> Hello... after all I'm new testing,

Welcome.  We are all new at something or other.

> so... I'm sorry because this stupid
> question.

Like they say, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

> Also I have another issue. When I double click an ODT file (or type
> "lodev4.0 myfile.odt"), LO opens and then crash... how can I find if this
> bug exists? (I mean, there are a lot of bugs in the bug list... is there
> any code to catalog bugs so they are easy to find?)

The effectiveness of the bugzilla search is dependent on people
choosing the same words to describe the same concept.  I quite often
miss a previous report when I encounter a problem.  Do not worry too
much about it.

If you know of something special or unusual about myfile.odt, then
that makes a good starting point, first for a search for an existing
report and then for the summary and the description of your new
report.  Otherwise, this is just another Writer "FILEOPEN CRASH
opening a particular .odt".

If you file a new report, please attach your file, and please add me
(lo_bugs at iseries-guru.com) in the cc or the report.  I shall try to
reproduce the problem and maybe collect a bit of diagnostic
information.

Our Bug Submission Assistant
<https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/> should make the submission
process painless.  If you have difficulty, or just want reassurance,
come back to the list.  Everybody here is friendly.

HTH,
Terry.