[Libreoffice-qa] [Libreoffice] weird shortcut key for repeat action in Writer

Pedro Lino pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 03:07:23 PST 2012

Hi Stefan, all

> All we should need is localised versions of key names like Ctrl, Del,
> Ins (that are on almost every keyboard [1], but whose names can
> change) and global versions of key names for
> alphanumeric/script-specific keys (which might not be on every
> keyboard, but whose names are the same internationally).
> So, looking at the code, we'd need to just move the keyboard language
> specific data to the specific locales. This also seems a lot more
> scalable than for every localiser having to ask a developer to add
> their native keys into this code.

That would be too simple. See my example in the previous email.
You would need to match the keys for EACH keyboard model, regardless of
Locale.

This is particularly true for laptops (at least in Portugal...). All
laptops sold in Portugal have a Portuguese layout but the Special keys
(like Ctrl, Alt, Insert) have the English text. Obviously manufacturers do
this to save on producing specific keys. So Locale doesn't solve the
problem.

Regards,
Pedro