[Libreoffice-qa] A little confused re: QA and help from users

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Tue Jun 19 21:57:49 PDT 2012

Hi there,

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 02:53:39PM +0200, Nino Novak wrote:

> My personal thought is that we should try to better coordinate such
> "silent testing" as it might be the case that some functions get
> tested thousandfold and others not at all. My hope is that with
> Litmus/Moztrap a more/better coordintated/systematic testing can be
> achieved. But I don't know what the progress is as I've not been
> following the list for quite a while now.

Thanks for Nino's thoughts :) The following is some of the further comments of
Moztrap. As a replacement for Litmus
(https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Litmus), Moztrap is promising for the
future of regression test
(https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Regression_Tests#Full_Regression_Test)
to go, currently we have a working Moztrap instance here:

http://vm12.documentfoundation.org/

Ideally the tool will make the individual "silent testing" visible for anyone
else, so that we will know which kind of tests have been done by other QA
people.

The Moztrap is in its experiments phase, we are now in the progress to
evaluate the system, gather information and feedback from people to see if
there are critical problems brought by the new tool. Please see the series of
announcement mails in libreoffice-qa mailing list titled with *[ANN] Moztrap
evaluation online - xxxxxx*.

Announcement:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.qa/1513

Permission bits:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.qa/1514

Code and bugs:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.qa/1510

TODO:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.qa/1511

As you can see from the TODO list, we are in an inital progress and please let
us know if you are excited to help out anything :)

Best wishes,
Yifan

--
  Yifan Jiang