[Libreoffice-qa] test cases quality; was: Ubuntu/Canonical doing more manual testing for LibreOffice?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Mar 2 12:13:06 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-02 at 19:21 +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
> Name: Translation check of creating a new database
>       * the database wizard open: all strings in the dialog box and
>         window are correctly localized to your own language.

	So - this looks pretty odd to me :-) This "string cropping" problem is
a constant annoyance, and yet it seems (to me) that we can verify at
compile time that there is little-to-no string cropping (assuming a UI
font with a sane width).

	Surely, as we translate each dialog, we can (at least on Linux with
freetype etc.) calculate the size of each string, and check that it
doesn't overlap with any other strings in the dialog.

	Surely we can also check that we have 100% translation by other means -
checking the .po files etc.

	Of course, some sanity check is good to, but if we could automate this
- would it save a lot of time ?

	All the best,

		Michael.