[Libreoffice-qa] tag for bugs related to experimental turned on/off

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Mar 13 12:14:22 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 09:20:40AM -0700, Pedro wrote:
> The problem here is that a single check box enables a group of unknown
> features.

No, its not. If you need a stable product, the checkbox is not a option anyway
as all its features are instable by definition.

> Personally I would be more than happy to just enable macros and leave all
> the other unknown features disabled.

A feature is either stable enough to be included even with "experimental
enabled" or it is not. If you care about macros, help out getting it stable
enough to be moved out of "experimental" an into the general feature set.

> Isn't this possible?

No, as said: It is not worth is. We already have way too many test scenarios
and creating even more will just delute and strain our ressources. Actually,
the "experimental" switch isnt such a great idea IHMO, unless the stuff is
driven to reach product stability quickly.

To put it differently: Unless there are dedicated developers working on a
selected 'experimental' features quickly reacting to QA output, we should not
waste too much time on it, but instead focus on the core functionality.

Best,

Bjoern