[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 07:07:36 PST 2012

Stephan Bergmann-2 wrote
> I wonder whether it would not
> make most sense to drop LOdev's special handling of user profiles and
> instead educate people on how to manually set up an installation's user
> profile behavior to suit their specific needs:

IMO asking for user input is better than "educating". Of course, when you
ask for user input you are also limiting and controlling the odd scenarios
(i.e. instead of the installer having to predict all oddball situations, the
user will provide the needed information and the software only has to adapt
to one or two different combinations...)

Forcing people to comply to a perfect situation from a developer's point of
view will alienate users.

So my only point is: if the devs want users to do early testing they should
be prepared to listen ;)